What is bixiplasty for hair?
Bixiplasty is, in fact, an analogue of the familiar to many keratin hair straightening or nanoplasty, but with a rich composition that contains much more useful oils. Bixiplasty is often called a hybrid of “keratin” and regenerating botox care, since, in addition to smoothing, it has a powerful healing effect, that is, it straightens and deeply nourishes the hair.
The procedure gives the strands a luxurious and well-groomed look, making them soft, shiny and absolutely smooth. Hair becomes denser, more elastic, easy to comb and styling.
What’s in the composition?
Let’s figure out how bixiplasty works?
The main component of the complex, which is responsible for deep care and restoration of damaged hair structure, is South American bush oil bysshe, rich in proteins and fatty acids – by the way, thanks to him, the procedure got its name.
- Babassu oil instantly moisturizes and softens curls along the entire length, prevents split ends.
- Prakaxi seed oil prevents hair from frizz and guarantees smoothness.
- Brazil nut oil known for its nourishing properties, as well as its high content of selenium – the latter is able to repair damaged hair, strengthen its roots and awaken dormant hair follicles.
- Keratin – similar to the main protein of the hair – fills the voids in the places of destruction of the cuticle, thickens and improves the quality of the hair.
- Also contains sulfuric amino acid cysteine – it significantly reduces hair fragility and electrification.
- Phenoxyethanol preservative responsible for straightening and mirroring hair.
Indications and contraindications
Understanding the pros and cons of the service, hairdressers agree that the bixiplasty procedure is designed more for thin hair of the Slavic type and will be useful for owners of curls:
It is not recommended to do bixiplasty during pregnancy. Also a contraindication is the presence of allergies to the components of the funds used.
Pros and cons of the procedure
Bixiplasty not only straightens the strands, but also heals them, restoring the damaged structure.
- The composition provides protection for hair from UV rays.
- The wow effect remains on the hair even several months after visiting the salon.
Along with natural oils, phenoxyethanol is added to the composition of bixiplastic products. In hair products, it replaces the more harmful parabens, however, despite the manufacturer’s declared safety, it can cause irritation and an allergic reaction.
- A controversial moment for hair health: during the procedure, the master treats the strands with an iron heated to 230 degrees. On the one hand, the high temperature allows the beneficial ingredients to be sealed inside the hair, on the other hand, the hair undergoes real stress from such a “treatment” even with the use of thermal protection.
Bixiplasty: at home or in the salon?
The bixiplasty procedure takes on average two to four hours, depending on the length of the hair, and takes place in several stages.
First of all, hair and scalp are thoroughly washed with a deep cleansing shampoo – it removes impurities and reveals hair scales.
- After washing, the curls are dried, combed and divided into zones.
- Stepping back from the base of the hair, on each strand you need to apply a special composition that “works” on the hair for about 20 minutes.
- Hair is dried with a hairdryer and treated with an iron heated from 180 to 230 degrees: on average, each strand needs about 15 “stretches” with tongs.
- After the hair has cooled – this may take about half an hour – it is washed and dried again.
After a few months, when the hair starts to frizz and curl again, you can safely repeat the procedure. What’s nice is that bixiplasty has a cumulative effect.
On the Internet you can find instructions, photos and videos on how to do bixiplasty yourself, but SalonSecret experts do not recommend repeating the procedure at home. It is quite laborious, it is not so easy to straighten it correctly and not miss a single strand. In addition, there is a possibility of ruining your hair by overexposing it between the heated curling iron plates.
Post-procedure care: advice from professionals
To maintain the result of bixiplasty, a few simple rules must be followed.
On the first day after the bixiplasty procedure, it is undesirable to pin hair with hairpins, do hairstyles, weave braids and even remove strands behind the ears – in order to avoid the formation of creases.
- Shampoo, conditioner, masks and other hair products will have to be replaced with mild sulfate-free products, otherwise the composition will be washed off the hair in a couple of weeks.
- It is recommended to dry your hair only with a hairdryer.
- Before swimming in the pool or the sea, be sure to apply a hair protectant to your curls.
Post bixiplasty care products overview
We have selected several professional beauty products that are free of parabens, silicones and sulfates. They are ideal for post-straightening care.
Serie Expert Sensi Balance shampoo for sensitive scalp
Fiberstrong Hair Strengthening Cream
- L’Oréal Professionnel Sensi Balance Shampoo for sensitive scalp gently cleanses hair, and sorbitol derivatives protect the scalp from dryness.
- Shampoo Kérastase Fluidealiste with amino acids, proteins and ceramides, it is suitable for enhancing the smoothing effect of bixiplasty, making hair even more straight and elastic.
- Biolage FiberStrong Cream will enhance the effect of the procedure and prevent brittleness, strengthening the hair along its entire length.
Frequently asked Questions
Can staining be done after bixyplasty?
Hair coloring can be done 3 days before bixiplasty or 2 weeks after. If clarification or discoloration is required, then we first do them, and then bixyplasty.
How does bixiplasty differ from nanoplastics?
Bixiplasty, unlike nanoplastics, evens out even the most curly hair, except for African curls, and the structure is restored due to oils and plant extracts.
How long does the effect of hair bixiplasty last?
The result of the procedure lasts from 3 to 6 months. During this time, your hair will remain smooth and shiny.