Fleece – what is it?
The fleece procedure, which has gained wide popularity in Russian salons, is a new way to create long-term root volume using fleece and a special fixing cosmetic. It usually contains a permanent bio-serum that is suitable for all hair types. It is much less harmful to hair than the composition of a similar service – perm. At the same time, after hair regrowth, the feeling of a “square head” does not appear, as in a similar boost-up procedure. At the same time, the result from flitting lasts up to two to three months.
How is hair fleece done: technology
Before each fleeing, the head is washed with a professional shampoo. This is not just cleansing: the active ingredients penetrate deeper into the hair, thereby prolonging the result.
First of all, the master discusses with the client in which zone the creation of volume will look most advantageous and whether it is worth doing partial fleece instead of the full volume. Only then does the hairdresser get to work.
The procedure itself consists of several stages:
- On dry hair, within the allocated zone, the hair is divided into strands, each is raised by 90 degrees and with the help of a special brush, a bouffant is made using the “brickwork” technique.
- Each combed curl is sprayed with clean water, after which the master applies an eco-composition with a sponge.
- Depending on the type of hair, the exposure time of the product is determined: usually about 15-30 minutes.
- Then the product is washed off, a mild conditioner or hair mask is applied, and with it the fleece is gently combed.
- The final stage is drying your hair with a hairdryer.
The whole procedure takes no more than 1.5 hours and, if the master knows how to professionally remove the bouffant, does not cause any discomfort.
Important: after the procedure, it is not recommended to wash your head for 48 hours.
While not nearly as bad as other salon services, fleecing does dry out and thin the hair a little. Therefore, if you already have hard and thick curls, after the procedure, it is recommended to use care complexes aimed at tightening the hair structure, as well as moisturizing and nourishing.
At the same time, the volume may begin to disappear too quickly if oily masks and conditioners are used too intensively. This is especially true for thin and short hair. To protect curls, it is better to use sprays, and apply conditioner only to areas where there was no fleece.
Several remedies to use for hair restoration after the procedure:
Redken All Soft Mega.
A line based on Sacha Inchi seed oil, aloe vera and cactus extract nourishes hair well and prevents it from brittleness and dryness.
Kérastase Densifique Fusio-Dose.
The concentrate thickens and strengthens by restoring the hair structure.
With the help of aloe in the composition, the mask allows you to maintain moisture and shine of the hair, eliminates frizz.
Add to your New Year wishlist: Biolage Hydrasource gift set. It includes shampoo and conditioner, which together increase hair hydration 15 times.
Biolage Hydrasource Hair Moisturizing Kit (Shampoo 250 ml + Conditioner 200 ml)
The pros of fleece
- Gives a smooth transition from roots to ends of hair.
- Helps to reduce shampooing to once a week.
- The volume is maintained in all weather conditions.
- Flies are allowed to be done by lactating and pregnant women.
- Safer than similar procedures for root volume.
- Washes gently.
What are the consequences and contraindications
To really like the result, you need to find a good master. And here lies the main disadvantage of this procedure. It is not done by so many specialists and more often at home, so it is easy to find many “before and after” photos of flipping on the Internet, where girls pose with a completely tasteless or even asymmetrically made volume.
- fleece dries hair;
- curls seem less smooth;
- if you do not like the result, you will not be able to get rid of it with the help of any means, even in the salon;
- only suitable for straight or slightly wavy hair.
In addition, this service has its own contraindications. A specialist should refuse you if the hair is too dry, poor-quality lightening is done, there are inflammations of the scalp, colds or recent operations.
An alternative to fleece: creating root volume with styling
If the disadvantages of fleece outweighed the advantages and you still did not dare to carry out the procedure, we hasten to remind you: you can always create a fresh and airy look at home. Do-it-yourself styling, although it will not be durable, will keep your nerves, 3-4 thousand rubles and precious hair health.
Styling steps for hair volume
Shampoo your hair without weighing it down.
- Blow dry while brushing your curls.
- On dry hair, apply texturizer (spray for more airiness).
- Blow through your hair again.
- Apply dry shampoo or powder to the roots.
- Next, you can straighten your hair with an iron or create curls with a hair dryer and a round comb.
- The final step is the application of a protecting hair spray.
For even more root volume and create an imitation of the fleece procedure, you can use other methods that are probably familiar to you. At the roots of the hair, we make a pile or corrugation by 5-10 centimeters, leaving intact the strands that will cover the previous ones. In this case, do not forget to use thermal protection and cosmetic oils that will protect your hair from negative environmental factors.